In today's show I talk about the lessons I've learned with the creation and failure of The Producer's Toolbox over the past five years.
I believe there were several reasons why The Producer's Toolbox failed. It was not one specific event. I blame no one. I take full responsibility. After all, at the end of the day the buck stops with me.
The following is the list of the lessons I've learned after creating The Producer's Toolbox. The following list is not in order of priority. Simply random thoughts. I'm sure there are a few I missed.
1. Have clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
2. Have a clearly defined project with timelines and specific milestones. Requirements!
3. Create one product first and validate the market. There were several products within the Toolbox.
4. Stick with the original vision and don't be influenced by the opinions of others.
5. Don't flip flop pricing. It confuses people.
6. Don't flip flop with restricted access. It confuses people.
7. Actions speak louder than words. Enough said.
8. Build it and they will NOT come.
9. Keep it simple.
Would I do it again? NO. Will I create something new and different in the future? YES! In fact I am going to apply the lessons I've learned and create a new product that I would like to launch in the fall.
I have devoted the past 23 years of my life helping salespeople solve the most common problems they experience. One of the biggest problems is Sales Call Reluctance. The fear of selling or calling someone.
Shannon Goodson and George Dudley wrote a book several years ago called, The Psychology of Sales Call Reluctance. They interviewed over 11,000 sales people. Here is what they found:
- 80% of all new sales people fail because of call reluctance.
- 40% of all veterans stop prospecting because of call reluctance.
- You will make 5 times less money because of call reluctance.
As you can see by the statistics, sales call reluctance is a huge problem. This is one problem that I really want to help solve.
I want to create a new product to address this major issue among salespeople. How would you like to help me create this product? Yes you! I could really use your help. It will take less than 10 minutes of your time.
All you have to do is CLICK HERE and answer three simple questions.
So what is in it for you for taking the time to answer three simple questions? When I launch the product this fall, you will receive a FREE copy of the product. Yes! You will receive the product for free!
I want to thank you in advance for helping me create a product that will help thousands of salespeople.
Stay tuned for Act III. The best is yet to come!