In this week's podcast I am covering Chapter Two of The Five Major Pieces
To The Life Puzzle, by Jim Rohn. Chapter two is all about our attitude.
Below are some great quotes from Jim.
- “The events of the past both good and bad are a part of the life experience.”
- “The current moment is where our better future begins. The past gave us a wealth of memories and experiences, and the past gives us a chance to use them wisely”
- “Our attitude about the future depends on our ability to see the future. Each of us has the inherent ability to dream, design and experience the future through the power of an imaginative inner-eye. Whatever the mind has the capacity to imagine, it also has the ability to create.”
- “The more clearly we see the vision of the future, the more we are able to borrow from it's inspiration. This borrowed inspiration finds its way into our conversations, our energy level, our relationships and attitude. The more excited we become by our future dreams, the easier it is to develop the necessary disciplines and make the refinements to our philosophy.”
- “The people with whom we choose to associate are a major source of what we know and how we feel.”
- “Those who can reach us and affect us on a daily basis should inspire us, not spread the seeds of doubt and dissent with their pessimism, complaining and ridicule of others. Maintaining a positive attitude in the face of life's challenges is difficult enough without this kind of influence in our lives.”
- “Re-evaluating our associations can be a difficult issue. Progress is often painful, but so are the consequences of allowing other people to exercise undo influence upon us.”
- “Disassociation is not something to be treated lightly. It must be done carefully and thoughtfully. But if we are sincere about changing ourselves and designing a better future, we are obligated to distance ourselves from those who are having the wrong effect on us. The price of not doing it is simply enormous.”
Book Link: The Five Major Pieces To The Life Puzzle
Would love to hear your comments below.