Last week I gave you the tools, the three steps to help you paint a picture that is worthy of all that you are.
You now have the tools to paint a picture that you can be passionate about with you every single day. The dynamic colors of your thoughts and attitude, the canvas of your surroundings, friends, and family, and the paintbrushes of what you choose to do can help you create the picture you want.
Having a concrete plan is a great way to help propel you into better things. Think of something that you want to accomplish today, something that you want to finish within the next week. Then think of what you want to have completed by the end of the year. Now start making a plan to accomplish each one of your goals.
- Make your goals attainable. Many salespeople stop writing goals because they don’t want to fail again. Make your goals bite-sized for a while and give yourself a chance to build momentum with success.
- Write your goals down. If they are only in your head they are vague and forgotten. If you want to paint a successful picture, make it one you can touch and see.
- Keep them 3-6 months at the most. Make them realistic and simple to measure. Make sure that they are attainable in the time frame you set. Smaller goals on shorter time frames.
- Take action! Define action steps to take NOW, TODAY to get moving towards success. It does not matter how small the task, take action.
- Review them daily. Don’t write them and set them aside to find 6 months from now. Schedule time each morning to look at your goals and plan your action steps into your day.
When you wake up in six months, you will either be crossing goals off your list or you will have given up on or forgotten them. There’s not really much in between. If you have a compelling vision for what you really want, strong reasons to follow though on that picture., and are willing to set attainable goals, write them down, review them daily, and take action… you will find success.
So what are you waiting for? Begin painting your masterpiece today!